Flash pack IKELITE DS160Ni-MH arm Alu + cord + charger
Flash pack Ikelite DS160 Ni-MH with Ikelite aluminum arm + single cord and charger
The flash Ikelite DS160 is one of the favorite flashes of professional photographers worldwide.
Even more important than its very high illumination power, its round tube and the specific surface treatment of the reflector enable it to have a gentle and very homogeneous illumination.
An efficient pilot lamp. Its built-in 205 lumens driver allows easy focusing of the camera's auto-focus in dark conditions. It is also ideal as an exploration lamp for night dives.
Exceptional performance : the Ni-MH battery gives this flash a range of 225 flashes at full power. Its 1.6 seconds cooldown utltra fast allows shots previously unparalleled. Its Li-Ion battery charger ref. 4066.1 accepts operating voltages between 100 and 240 Volts. The flash can be used anywhere in the world.
A TTL exposure mode : when the flash is combined with an Ikelite subwoofer equipped with TTL electronics, the flash automatically adjusts the exposure to capture your macro shots or snapshots.
- 1 flash 160 watts / second
- 1 Ni-MH battery pack 4066.5
- 1 flash diffuser 0591.3
- 1 Ikelite grease tray
- 1 Ni-MH battery charger 0083.93 with euro plug
- 1 arm Ikelite 4080.05
- 1 single sync cord Ikelite / Ikelite 4103.51
TECHNICAL CHARACTERISTICS OF THE FLASH IKELITE DS160:
- Weight: 1.24 Kg with Ni-MH batteries
- Power: 160 Watts / second
- Cover angles: 90 ° and 100 ° with diffuser
- Guide number (ISO100) in meters: 24 (with diffuser)
- Modes: TTL / automatic, manual, 9 power settings.
- Color temperature: 4800 ° Kelvin
- Number of Flashes: 225 at full power
- Flash recharge time: 1.6 seconds at full power (lower times in use on intermediate power mode settings.
- Depth of use: 90 meters
- Pilot Lamp: Led 5W
- Dimensions: Diameter 96mm, length 179mm
- Buoyancy: slightly negative in sea water This reference corresponds to the bare flash with battery and charger.
SUPPLEMENTARY ACCESSORIES AND SPARE PARTS:
- Adapter on rail for mounting on arms with ball 25mm: IKE 4081.4
- Adapter on rail for Flex arm mounting: IKE 9573.4
- Ikelite / Ikelite compatible TTL compatible sync cord: IKE 4103.52
- Battery pack seal: IKE 0132.36
- Flash Diffuser: IKE 0591.3
- Replacement Ni-MH battery pack: IKE 4066.5
The guide number of a flash corresponds to the intensity of illumination at the center of the beam. many flash manufacturers choose to use a reflector that focuses the beam at its center to artificially increase the guide number of the flash. Ikelite chose to "sacrifice" the guide number very lightly in order to favor a soft, homogeneous image without hot spot.
Most underwater flash manufacturers indicate in their flash characteristics a maximum beam angle and not a coverage angle. The average coverage of a submarine flash is generally narrower than that indicated (average between 55 and 70 °). The coverage angle of Ikelite flashes is therefore well above average.
This flash is compatible with the new Li-Ion battery pack ref. 4067.2. In this case, only the charger ref 4067.3