Wing FINNSUB FLY SET 17D COMFORT ALU/SS
FLY 17D BC Jacket - powered by FINNSUB Wing jackets for sports divers who prefer the philosophy and style of technical diving and jackets for tech divers who do not want to compromise.
The design of the Wingblase "FLY 17D"
The "Fly 17D" is specially designed for the use of single bottles up to a volume of 18 liters, which means that the quick release is outside the axle (center) because otherwise it would come into contact with the immersiontank, which is incorporated directly into the bladder, does not require a special single-bottle adapter, the bottle is bomb-proof on the jacket, and the shape of the bladder is a so-called horseshoe shape. The Fly 17D has a high buoyancy of 18 kilos, so that the "Fly 17D" retains its function even under the most adverse dive conditions, a high-strength cordura material with a 2000 denier thread has been processed. The inner bladder is either made of a high-strength polyurethane film, or a 500-cordura material.
The special Harness design
The Fly comfort harness provides maximum comfort to the diver. While the padded and anatomically shaped shoulder pads evenly distribute weight on the shoulders.The special shoulder strap adjustment allows the shoulder straps to be easily adjusted at any time. In the case of extreme strains, as in the case of conventional buckles made of plastic, is not possible. In this case, a chest strap ensures an optimal fit in the chest area, while a soft belt strap ensures a comfortable fit even during longer scooter rides. The "Fly Comfort Harness" with a total of seven D-rings made of stainless steel, which are held in position by means of a stepper. The diver can access two different back plates. A three-millimeter-thick stainless steel with a weight of 2.75 kilos and a very travel-friendly aluminum back plate with a weight of 750 grams. In order to safely and simply store a safety bobbin, a special receptacle is located on the back plate, from which one can always pull out its buoy.
The bladder system
The two sling pockets each hold up to five kilos of lead and are equipped with a stable quick release system. On the outside there is a rigid D-ring. Optionally, the left-hand leash is also available with a special holder for the Finnlight lamps.
The complete system complies with European standards and is EN 1809 certified.
Bladder: FLY 17 Donut
- Double-shell wing 18 kilo buoyancy - ideal for mono bottles of 12 to 18 liters
- Outer material: Cordura with 2000 denier
- Inner material: Thermoplastic polyurethane (500 denier), high-frequency welded. Or alternatively: High-strength and welded PU film
- High-quality inflator with a pleat hose length of 50 centimeters (for an extremely fast air drain)
- Integrated support for the perfect position of the immersion tank
- Three exhaust valves (two quick release, one inflator)
- High quality zipper by YKK
- Medium pressure hose with a length of 65 centimeters
- High quality and easy to operate bottle mounting
Harness: Comfort Harness with sling pockets
- Back plate in aluminum or polished stainless steel
- Safe and easily adjustable shoulder strap buckles made of stainless steel
- Anatomically shaped and padded shoulder straps in sizes S to XL and XXL
- Seven stainless steel D-rings
- Easy to reach boy's pocket on the back plate
- Adjustable chest strap
- Adjustable crotch strap with D-rings
- Waist belt with high quality stainless steel buckle
- Slip: D-ring on the left-hand slipper, battery-holder on the right-hand slipper
- One size for all (S to XL). A larger Harness (XXL) is also available